Infolinks In Text Ads

Angels of Revolution Project (1st - Itachi Uchiha) + Updates

Hey everyone! 

*sigh* I have so many things to talk about I don't even know where to start (it's the consequence for not updating the blog for almost two months -.-).

I guess I'll talk about the most important thing first: some time ago I started a new cosplay!

Ever since all the Akatsuki appeared on Naruto that I've been wanting to make original versions of them. There are many I want to do (for example one inspired by the 7 Deadly Sins) but I never had the courage to because it would take a lot of work, time and money. Besides they're 10.

BUT about 2 months ago, me and my friend Carolina were talking and I had this idea for a new original version of them in which each character would represent something they would fight for. She gained interest in it and offered to draw the costumes on paper (since I can't draw for my life) so that I can have reference pictures of all the characters when and if I eventually decided to cosplay them.

After a lot of discussion and a poll on DeviantArt + friends/family opinions we decided to name it Angels of Revolution (and not Revolutionary Angels like it used to be at the beginning).

And that project will come true X3 I'm going to cosplay every single one of them. It's going to take a long time, years actually since I have other cosplays to do, but I intend on doing it.

Right now we only have 2 characters 100% finished: Itachi and Hidan. We have some in process like Konan and Kisame but the others we didn't even start, we only have a base idea.

I was going o start the project with Hidan because honestly it's the easiest costume until now, specially the props, they're really simple. But I couldn't afford buying a wig, and since I already had Itachi's I opted by doing his first.

On AoR (acronym XD) Itachi represents 'Justice' and 'Free Will'. If you don't know the character you probably won't get the reason why we choose this, but if you do you'll understand easily. I'm not getting into detail about who he is, I'll just say that he had a rough life, full of hard choices and sacrifices. I think that out of all the things we could chose, Itachi would certainly fight for this.

About the clothing in general, there is a lot of black and some red. And textures like leather. There really isn't much to say honestly, you'll see the costume later in pictures. 

The props are the most complicated part. All of the characters in AoR have wings, so I had to make Itachi's. They're black and smaller than Gothica's (thankfully) but they were still hard to do. Besides they have lots feathers >.< (I still haven't glued them all). There are more props, like earrings and a collar but I guess the most important one is the scale. At first I wanted something really elaborated, but then I eventually decided to go with a more simple style (but still mimicking the old fashion like this). Carolina says that even though the shape is simplier, there are a lot of details to look at... which I agree with.

I can't really say more things at the moment. I'm going to show pictures of parts of the costume and how I made the scale BEFORE the actual photoshoot. I'm sort of in love with the costume X3

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Now for updates... I'm doing also Itachi Christmas version for Kingpin's Xmas party XD But it's a simple costume. And yes I'll post pics later too.

I'm waiting for Kurapika's new wig to arrive (I finally bought a quality wig for him) and then I'll take pictures. In fact I have many costumes to take pics with. I just don't have time.

I've also started making my "Cosplays for 2012" list. I have some confirmed but most of them will be 'maybe'. I'll talk about that later too.

And that's all for now. Sorry for the GIGANTIC post without pictures. I promise I'll spam you with pics on the next post!!

XoXo,
Gothica

P.S.: I'm gonna change the blog's song soon.